As communities continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, Delta Dental is here to help Americans maintain good oral health at home. Check out Delta Dental’s recommendations for at-home oral care that you can do in front of your own bathroom mirror!
Good oral health practices
Keep the gleam in your grin with the following dental health basics:
- Eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and low-fat dairy products. Drink plenty of water every day.
- Brush gently at least twice a day, with special attention to the gum line. Use a soft-bristled toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste.
- Floss at least once a day. You can also use an interdental cleaner—a special pick or brush you use between your teeth.
- Replace your toothbrush every three to four months, or earlier if the bristles are looking spread out and worn.
- Be aware of bad habits like ice chewing or crunching on hard snacks, using your teeth as a tool or to open packages, or grinding and clenching.
- Wear a mouthguard if you are doing a sport or activity that could cause trauma to your face and jaw.
Delta Dental advises its customers, providers and others within our communities to follow the CDC’s guidelines to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Click here to learn more.
To learn more about what to do if you have a dental emergency during COVID-19, click here.